Sony’s Digital Paper has a 13.3 inch display that shows full-screen views of letter-sized documents in the PDF format, eliminating the need to zoom or scroll when reading a page. The Digital Paper device retains the context of an entire page by displaying sharp, easy-to-read text and graphics that are nearly identical to printed documents or full-size notepads. The device’s touch panel enables users to operate the menu or turn pages by simply touching the screen. Using the included stylus, professionals can write fluidly and directly on the panel, and also easily highlight and erase text, for a familiar and comfortable writing experience.
In addition to PDF source files, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel files can be converted to the PDF format and saved, viewed and annotated on the Digital Paper device. For speedy retrieval and transfer, Sony’s Digital Paper incorporates wireless access to servers (via Wi-Fi) as well as USB connectivity.
Key features and functions that make Sony’s Digital Paper relevant to the day-to-day activities of professionals include:
- World’s thinnest, lightest body among devices with comparable screen sizes (approximately 9/32″ and 12.6 oz.); slightly thicker than 30 sheets of paper
- 13.3 inch (screen size measured diagonally) electronic paper display
- High contrast display (1200 x 1600 dots), 16-level grayscale, incorporating “E Ink Mobius” technology from E Ink Corporation
- No backlight enables text to be read clearly, even in bright sunlight
- Built-in Wi-Fi functionality allows file sharing over a wireless network
- Rechargeable thin lithium-ion battery – up to 3 weeks use on a single charge
- AC adapter or USB rechargeable (computer-based charging)
- Storage – approximately 2,800 PDF files; internal memory of 4 GB coupled with micro SD card slot for additional storage
- Touch panel (IR touch) compatible with electromagnetic induction-type touch pen input
- Dimensions – Approximately 9 1/4″ width by 12 1/4″ height by 9/32″ depth (thickness)
- Weight – Approximately 12.6 ounces
Digital Paper is planned to be available in May, initially through a select group of Worldox agents, with a suggested list price of $1,100.
For more information, please visit www.sony.com/digitalpaper.